Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP) Collection: Tools
Tools to assess knowledge and level of agreement
This document provides the unifying beliefs that address our collective approach to this issue. You may want to share these among the groups with whom you work to build a common sense of purpose.
These documents provide the shared agreements across stakeholders groups about SISP that address the technical side of SISP. They are the foundation for our collaborative efforts on implementation on SISP. You may want to share these among the groups with whom you work to identify your shared agreements.
This tool provides a summary of the insights across stakeholder groups about SISP. You may consider using this document to begin your discussions and assess the degree to which your stakeholders agree with these insights.
Tools to build common knowledge and understanding
- PowerPoint & Presenter Guides
The PowerPoint presentations and accompanying Presenter Guides provide coaching to deliver the PowerPoint as a presentation or workshop.
- Supporting the Learning of Children and Youth: Understanding the Importance of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel and Services--PowerPoint
- Supporting the Learning of Children and Youth: Understanding the Importance of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel and Services--Presenter Guide
Tools to engage deeply in the conversation and work
The fact sheet outlines the ready to use resources available on this site around SISP. By printing the fact sheet you can create interest in bringing people together around the issue.
This document provides four simple questions to help you begin working together.
Dialogue Guides are models for conducting interactive discussions across stakeholders. Each Guide contains one topical document that all who come to the table access in order to start with the same knowledge base; and a set of reaction and application questions for a facilitator to support the assembled group to build areas of agreement and develop action-plan(s). Dialogue Facilitator's Handbook
Your experiences help the Partnership and our readers understand issues and perspectives. Please take a minute to share:
- Your SISP initiative and the strategies involved
- What strategies are working and reasons for success
- What problems (barriers) you have encountered and how they were solved
- Innovative approaches to interventions
- How you promote SISP initiatives across groups and organizations.
To help us understand how the Partnership collection is useful, please take a minute to share:
- How you used the collection
- Your reactions to the collection
- Your ideas for improving the collection